BITSAT is a computer based online test for admission to first semester of Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS, Pilani at Pilani Campus, K.K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad campus. ‘BITS Admission Test’, in short is referred as BITSAT. BITS Pilani is the most reputed and world class technology education provider in India. The institution was declared as Deemed to be University by UGC, Govt. of India. This article gives you detailed information on the programmes offered at BITS campuses, eligibility requirements, direct admissions for board toppers, online application procedure, download of hall tickets, BITSAT results and counseling dates. Following are the details of Integrated first degree programmes offered at BITS campuses:
Programmes offered at BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
1) B.E.(Hons.): Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering.
3) M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics.
4) M.Sc.(Technology.): General Studies, Finance, Information Systems.
Programmes offered at BITS, Pilani – Goa Campus:
1) B.E.(Hons.): Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
2) M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics.
3) M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems.
Courses at BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
1) B.E.(Hons.): Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
3) M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry; Economics, Mathematics and Physics.
4) M.Sc.(Technology): Information Systems.
Candidates who got admission to M.Sc.(Hons.) programmes will be given an option to work for a second degree for one of the B.E. (Hons.) OR B.Pharm.(Hons.) programmes under the dual degree scheme. Under this scheme, a candidate normally requires five years to complete both the degrees and will be awarded both the degrees, namely M.Sc.(Hons.) and B.E.(Hons.) OR B.Pharm.(Hons.).
Eligibility for BITSAT:
Applicants to BITSAT should have passed in the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from any recognised Central or State board. They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at the +2 level and must have obtained at least 75 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in aggregate and minimum 60 percent in each of the three subjects. Candidates should have adequate proficiency in English. Applicants should be appearing for 12th examination in 2012 or those who have passed 12th Examination in 2011 are only eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2012 online computer based test. Candidates who have passed 12th examination in 2010 or earlier are not eligible for BITSAT 2012. The merit list will be drawn based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT and also requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination.
Direct Admission to Central and State Board Toppers: BITS Pilani offer direct admission facility for all the students who secured first ranks in their respective board examinations (ICSE or CBSE or State Boards). These students will be directly admitted into program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2012 scores. More details about direct admission scheme will be available at BITS website www.bitsadmission.com by 20th May 2012.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should register for BITSAT-2012 by applying in the prescribed application form available online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and should pay the prescribed fees. Candidates are requested to take the print out of the application for future reference. Application fee is Rs. 1700 (Rs. 1200 for female candidates) if paid as DD and this along with application should be sent to Admissions Officer, BITS, Pilani – 333 031. Application fee for non DD formats is Rs. 1600 (Rs. 1100 for female candidates).
1) Last date to apply for BITSAT-2012: 15th February 2012
2) Test center allotment and announcement to candidates: 25th February 2012
3) Candidates to reserve Test dates: 29th February – 20th March 2012
4) Download of Hall tickets with instructions: 14th April – 30th April 2012
5) BITSAT Online tests: 10th May – 9th June 2012
6) Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences to Degree programmes: 19th May – 30th June 2012
7) Admit List and Wait List announcement : 1st July 2012.