Much awaited BITSAT-2011 Notification has come out. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) is world famous institute for technology and science course. The brand BITS is highly reputed across the companies and nations. BITS has campuses at Pilani (Rajasthan), Goa and Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh) along with international campus at Dubai. Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes (Honours in BE/ B.Pharm/ M.Sc.) for the academic year 2011-12 in all the BITS campuses in India will be through BITSAT (BITS Admission Test). BITSAT is an online test conducted every year at designated examination centers. Following are details of campus wise courses / programmes, Eligibility, BITSAT Test pattern, BITSAT 2010 Cut Offs (Course wise), Application Procedure, online application process, Fee particulars for various BE/ M.Sc. programmes and important dates for application.
1. BITS Pilani Campus: 1. B.E.(Hons.) in Chemical / Civil/ Computer Science / Electrical and Electronics/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Mechanical/ Manufacturing / B.Pharm.(Hons.). 2. M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences / Chemistry/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Physics. 3. M.Sc.(Tech.): General Studies/ Finance/ Information Systems.
2. BITS Goa Campus: 1. B.E.(Hons.) in Chemical/ Computer Science/ Electrical and Electronics/ Electronics and Instrumentation / Mechanical. 2. M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences / Chemistry/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Physics. 3. M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems.
3. BITS Hyderabad Campus: 1. B.E.(Hons.) in Chemical/ Civil/ Computer Science/ Electronics and Communications / Electrical and Electronics/ Mechanical/ B.Pharm.(Hons.). 2. M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences / Chemistry/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Physics. 3. M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems.
Eligibility Conditions: Admission to all the above Integrated First Degree Programmes will be based on BITSAT 2011. Applicants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. They should have at least 80 percent marks in aggregate and 60 percent each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should also have adequate proficiency in English. Those appearing for 12th examination in 2011 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2010 only eligible for BITSAT 2011 test.
Exam Pattern: BITSAT-2011 will be of total 3-hour duration. The BITSAT 2011 test consists of four parts and total of 150 questions as follows:
1. Part I : Physics : 40 questions
2. Part II : Chemistry : 40 questions
3. Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning : 15 + 10 questions
4. Part IV : Mathematics : 45 questions.
The candidate can attempt 12 more questions if he finds time after answering the allotted questions. These will be from Maths, Chemistry and Physics with 4 questions from each subject. Each correct answer brings 3 marks and wrong answer costs a penalty 1 mark (Negative mark).
Interested candidates can apply online only through www.bitsadmissions.com. After completing the online application, you have to take two copies of the printout and send one copy along with fee details to 'The Admissions Officer, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan - 333 031 (India)' through Registered / Speed post. Applications must reach on or before 31st January 2011. Application fee is Rs. 1500 for boys and Rs. 1000 for girl candidates. Fee can be paid through Credit card/ Net Banking / cash through prescribed Challan.
1. Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2011 : 31st January 2011
2. Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 15th February 2011
3. Candidates to reserve Test dates : 18th Feb. – 10th March 2011
4. Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions: 15th April – 30th April 2011
5. BITSAT 2011 Online tests : 11th May – 10th June 2011
6. Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences to Degree programmes: 20th May – 30th June 2011
7. Admit List and Wait List announcement : 1st July 2011
Contact Details: Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani - 333 031 (Rajasthan) India. Phone No: 01596-242205; Fax: 01596-244183; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.