Institute of Medical Sciences, a part of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has announced Admission Notification 2012 - 2013 for various medical and dental courses. The IMS of BHU offer MBBS, BDS, BAMS, B.Pharm., B.Sc. Nursing, MD and MS Courses for the academic year 2012-13. BHU offer highly qualitative medical courses in India. The University shall conduct an All India Competitive Examination PMT-2012 (Pre Medical Test) for admission to all the courses. PMT 2012 is consist of two stages called Screening and Main tests. PMT-2012 Screening Test will be held on Sunday, the 16th May 2012 at Hyderabad, Delhi, Varanasi and Kolkata centers to screen candidates for PMT-2012 Main examination. Main exam will be held on Sunday, 17th June 2012 at Varanasi only. For admission to programmes like BDS, BAMS, B.Pharm., candidates will be selected based on the merit in PMT-2012 Screening Test only. BHU is one of best and highly reputed universities India. Following are details of seats, eligibility for various programmes, application procedure and important dates for for the submission of completed applications:
1. MBBS, BDS, BAMS, B.Pharm. Details: Here are details of number of setas: MBBS course (84 seats); BDS (38 seats), BAMS (78 seats) and B.Pharm. (33 seats). Eligibility: Candidates should have passed in Intermediate / 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology + Botany) subjects and have secured at least 50 percent marks. For B.Pharm course, candidates need at least 60 percent marks. Age must be between 17-25 years for all courses.
2. B.Sc. Nursing (60 seats) and B.Pharm.(Ayurveda- 30 seats). Qualification and eligibility: Candidates should have passed in 10+2 or Intermediate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology + Botany) subjects with at least 50 percent marks.
Interested candidates can apply in the prescribed format available on the website www.bhu.ac.in. Candidates can download prescribed application forms for B.Sc. Nursing, B.Pharm (Ayurveda) and MD/MS courses from the website. For MBBS, BDS, BAMS and B.Pharm. courses, applications can be obtained from designated branches of Bank of Baroda or through post. Detailed procedure for applications, guidelines, eligibility and age requirements can be obtained from www.imsbhu.ac.in OR www.bhu.ac.in. Completed application forms should reach ‘The Director (PMT Cell), Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi- 221005′.
1. Availability of Application forms for MBBS Screening, BDS, BAMS and B.Pharma: 09-01-2012 to 05-03-2012
2. PMT 2012 Screening Test: 16th May 2012
3. MBBS PMT Main Exam date: 17th June 2012.