Fashion Technology is an emerging career. The career offer excellent growth opportunities for candidates with creative and innovative thoughts and practice. There are a few institutions in India which offer fashion technology courses. National Institutions of Fashion Technology (NIFT) are the leading constitutions for training and research in Fashion Design and Technology.
Apart from NIFT, several other private institutions also offer Fashion related courses. Most of the institutions admit candidates based on the performance in qualifying examinations and separate entrance tests, if any.
Following are some colleges offering fashion technology courses at B.Sc, and PG level.
1) Mangalore Institute of Fashion Technology, Mangalore
2) National Institute of Fashion Technology, NewDelhi (www.niftindia.com). NIFT has campuses at Gandhi Nagar, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Bangalore.
3) Srishti School of Design, Opp. Wheel and Axle plant, Bangalore.
4) National Institute of Design (NID), Paldi, Ahmedabad
5) National Institute of Fashion Design (NIFD), Chandigarh.
6) JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
7) Pearl Academy, New Delhi
8) Wigan and Leigh College, New Delhi
9) Apeejay Institute of Design, New Delhi
Courses Available in Fashion Designing are:
1) B.Sc. Costume and Fashion Designing
2) Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFT)
3) PG Diploma in Fashion Designing
4) B.Tech Fashion Technology