Below information is provided for the use of Plus 2 / Intermediate Biology students. General B.Sc and M.Sc courses are available in almost all the Universities in India. Following are preferred courses at B.Sc. level:
1. B.Sc ( Nutrition as a main subject)
2. B.Sc. (Industrial microbiology as main subject)
3. Bachelor of clinical Optometry : Eligibility of Plus two (Intermediate) with Biology, Physics, Maths and Chemistry. Duration is four years (3 years theory and one year internship) Admission through All India Entrance Test and personal interview by Dr DY Patil Vidya Peeth Pune. For more details visit http://optometry.dpu.edu.in/
4. The Bachelor in Clinical Optometry course at BVUMC School of Optometry course offered by Bharati Vidyapeeth School of Optometry. Pune. Eligibility plus two with 50% marks. It is highly recommended for immediate job opportunity. After putting few years experience he/she can go for PG in the similar discipline.
For eg, Nutrition specialist can be absorbed in many companies like Jam and Jelly and multinational companies . Biotech companies are looking for graduates in industrial microbiology.
Integrated M.Sc Courses:
1. University of Pune – Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology (For details, see http://www.unipune.ac.in/). Notification will be released during April to June.
2. Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences: CET (Common Entrance Test) - during Month of April.. Course will commence from 1st August. Every year.
3. Loyola College Chennai, India: B.Sc. (Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology)
4. St. Xaviers College- Kolkata Kolkata, India : M.Sc in Biotechnology
5. St. Stephens College Delhi/NCR, India:
6. Presidency College (Chennai) Chennai, India
7. Fergusson College Pune, India
8. Christ College/University Bangalore, India
9. Mount Carmel College Bangalore, India
10. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprasta University New Delhi
11. Amity Institute Of Biotechnology, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
12. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Orissa