Tata Chemicals Limited (TCL) in association with Association of Chemistry Teachers (ACT) is inviting nominations for Best Chemistry Teacher Awards to commemorate the International Year of Chemistry 2011. The United Nations (UN) is celebrating this year as the IYC 2011. This is an excellent initiative worldwide to focus on the achievements of Chemistry and its contributions to the well being of humankind. More details of UN declaration on International Year of Chemistry are available on www.chemistry2011.org . Following are details of Best Chemistry Teacher Awards 2011:
Tata Chemicals has instituted the Best Chemistry Teacher Award to appreciate the efforts of exemplary individuals those involved in teaching Chemistry and its allied subjects / components at various levels of education. The nominees for this prestigious award could be teachers from class XI and XII (Intermediate), undergraduate courses (Bachelor Courses) and Post Graduate levels. Tata Chemicals Limited (TCL) is part of this initiative to reward Chemistry teachers through its Human Touch of Chemistry Campaign. The company has initiated an exclusive website www.humantouchofchemistry.com to inculcate and promote the love for chemistry subject in young minds. Following are award categories:
1) Best Chemistry Teacher (For Class XI / XII and equivalent): This is for those teaching class XI / XII, Junior College, + 2 levels and Diploma courses.
2) Best Chemistry Teacher (For Bachelors Degree and equivalent): The award is for those involved in teaching at the levels of Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or any other Graduate courses.
3) Best Chemistry Teacher (For Masters Degree and above): This award is for those candidates involved in teaching at the levels of Masters degree in Science, Engineering, or any other Post-Graduate, Doctoral, Post-Doctoral courses or their equivalent.
4) Best Chemistry Teacher (for innovation in teaching).
5) Best Chemistry Teacher (for the promotion of Chemistry as a specialised subject.)
6) Most Popular Chemistry Teacher (This will be purely based on social media response.)
Interested candidates can download the Nomination Forms in PDF format from the website www.humantouchofchemistry.com . Filled in nomination forms should be sent to 'Professor Dr. D V Prabhu, General Secretary, Association of Chemistry Teachers, NIUS Building, Room No 103,
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (TIFR), V N Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai - 400 088. OR you can also e-mail a scanned copy of the completed nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Call for entries: 5th September 2011
2) Close of entries: 8th October 2011
3) ACT Screening Committee Meeting: 20th October 2011
4) Selection Panel Meeting: 26th October 2011
5) Online Campaign Begins: 1st November 2011
6) Final Selection by Panel: 1st December 2011
7) Award ceremony: To be announced by the committee.