School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh has announced notification for AP Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET) -May 2012. The APTET 2012 will be held on 31st May 2012. APTET certificate is valid for 7 years. Those qualified in APTET will be given weightage in the selection in District Selection Committee (DSC) recruitments. Interested candidates should submit online applications through aptet.cgg.gov.in between 22nd March 2012 and 12th April 2012. There is huge competition for APTET as the Government of Andhra Pradesh has taken up recruitment of teacher posts. The DSC dates have also been postponed considering the APTET schedule.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have passed in D.Ed / B.Ed / Language Pandit or its equivalent qualifications and those studying the final year courses of the above degrees are also eligible to apply. D.Ed candidates are eligible to appear for Paper - I and B.Ed qualified candidates can write Paper - II. APTET qualification is a must for the recruitment as a teacher in all Government Schools in Andhra Pradesh. For private schools, candidates can opt for APTET or CTET conducted by CBSE. Candidates who intend to become teacher for classes I to V should write Paper - I and those want to become teacher for classes VI to VIII can appear for Paper - II. Application fee is Rs. 300. This can be paid in through AP Online Centers or e- seva centers.
1) Payment of Fee at AP Online Centers or E- Seva Centers: 21-03-2012 to 11-04-2012
2) Availability of APTET May 2012 Information Bulletin for Download: 21-03-2012
3) Online submission of applications through aptet.cgg.gov.in: 22-03-2012 to 12-04-2012
4) Help Desk Services on all working days between: 21-03-2012 to 31-05-2012
5) Receiving of complaints regarding online application: 28-03-2012 to 14-04-2012
6) Download of Hall Tickets: From 15-05-2012
7) Date of Examination: 31-05-2012
Paper - I: 9-30 AM to 12 Noon
Paper - II: 2-30 PM to 5 PM
8) Declaration of APTET May 2012 Results 2012: Last week of June 2012.