Following is the question paper of APPSC Assistant Engineers Written examination conducted by APPSC on 4th November 2012 in Andhra Pradesh. The recruitment is for the vacancies in AP Public Health and Municipal Engineering Services. Here is the Civil / Mechanical Engineering Question Paper (Common Paper). This is paper 2 of the exam. Paper 1 is on General Studies. We have already posted General Studies Paper with Key / Answers.
Here are some model questions from Civil / Mechanical common question paper. Complete question paper is available through the link provided at the end of these questions. Another question paper is on Electrical Engineering.
1) The square root of the ratio of inertia force to gravity force is called
1. Reynolds number 2. Froude number
3. Mach number 4. Euler number
2) Cavitation will take place if the pressure of the flowing fluid at any point is
1. more than vapour pressure of the fluid
2. equal to vapour pressure of the fluid
3. less than vapour pressure of the fluid
4. none of the above
3) The ratio of maximum shear stress to average shear stress is 1-5 in a beam of
1. Circle 2. Rectangle 3. Triangle 4. Any cross-section.