PART - A, MARKS: 35
Section - I
Note: 1. Answer Any five questions choosing at least two from each of the following groups, ie. Groups A & B.
2. Each question carries 2 marks. 5 × 2 = 10
Group - A
1) What do you know about the partition of Bengal?
2) Write about truman doctrine.
3) Write about the influence of English language on Indians.
4) What were the resources of Indonesian islands that attracted Europeans.
Group - B
5) Estimate the future status of woman in India.
6) What are the special agencies of U.N.O.?
7) Differentiate the General Elections and Mid Term Polls.
8) What are the precautions to be observed by the users of bicycles?
Section - II
Note: 1. Answer any Four of the following Six questions
2. Each question carries 1 Mark. 4 × 1 = 4
9) How was the Spanish Civil War commented?
10) Write two reasons behind 1905 Revolution.
11) Who sent to whom was the EMS Telegram?
12) What is meant by 'Secularism'.
13) Differentiate National and Sate Parties.
14) Expand the term N.P.T.
Section - III
Note: 1. Answer any Four question choosing at least Two from
each of the following groups (ie) Groups A & B.
2. Each question carries 4 Marks. 4 × 4 = 16
Group - A
15) Write the achievements and failures of League of Nations.
16) How for Charles X was responsible for the outbreak of 1830
Revolution in France?
17) Write briefly about the movements led by Gandhiji during the
Indian Freedom Struggle.
18) What were the factors contributed for the rise of Imperialism?
Group - B
19) What are the steps to be taken for the improvement of the condition of Scheduled Castes and Tribes?
20) How is India Committed to Democracy?
21) What are the Human Rights according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
22) Describe, Why India had to choose non-alignment policy.
Section - IV
Note: 1. Answer ANY ONE question from the following
2. It carries 5 Marks. 1 × 5 = 5
23) Mark the following on the outline map of the world.
Set A: 1) Brazil 2) Canada 3) North Korea 4) Ghana 5) Adriatic Sea
Set B: 1) Mexico 2) Spain 3) China 4) Belgium 5) Ivory Coast.
PART - B
I. Choose the correct answer. 10 x 1/2 = 5
1. The journal 'Resorgimento' was edited by ( )
A) Lenin B) Count De Cavour C) Karl Marx D) Mussolini
2. In 1894, Nihilists assasinated the Czar __ ( )
A) Alexander I B) Alexander II C) Alexander III D) Alexander IV
3. British East India Company was abolished in the year. ( )
A) 1600 AD B) 1800 AD C) 1857 AD D) 1947 AD
4. This country has withdrawn from First World War. ( )
A) Russia B) America C) England D) Germany
5. 'Fascio' is a word from _______ language. ( )
A) Greek B) Roman C) Latin D) German
6. This state has the twice the area of Bangladesh. ( )
A) Andhra Pradesh B) Madhya Pradesh C) Uttar Pradesh D) Tamilanadu
7. The elections to the local bodies held for the first time in India
in the year. ( )
A) 1880 B) 1882 C) 1884 D) 1887
8. Who said ''In India there is division of labourers along with
division of labour''. ( )
A) Gandhiji B) Nehru C) Ambedkar D) Rajendra Prasad
9. These countries formed into Third Bloc. ( )
A) SWAPO Countries B) European Countries C) Non-Aligned Nations D) Central Asian Nations
10. This is the self driven vehicle. ( )
A) Lorry B) Scooter C) Bicycle D) Motor Cycle
II. Fill in the blanks. 10 x 1/2 = 5
11) ________ nationalised the Suez Canal.
12) ''War is to a Nation, What maternity is to women'' was the
principle advocated by ________ .
13) ________ was the immediate reason behind 1857 Revolt.
14) Battle of Plassey was held in the year ________ .
15) the provincial Autonomy was granted in India through ________ Act.
16) The U.N.O. Declaration was made in the city ________ .
17) The full form of UNICEF is ________ .
18) Right to life is embedded in the Article ________ of the
19) Universal Declaration of Human Rights was announced on ________ .
20) In Democracy the supreme power rests with the ________ .
III. Match the following 10 x 1/2 = 5
Section - A
21) Gandhi-Irwin Pact ( ) A) 1920
22) Muslim League ( ) B) 1929
23) Non-co-operation movement ( ) C) 1957
24) End of Second World War ( ) D) 1947
25) World Economic Depression ( ) E) 1945 F) 1956 G) 1906 H) 1931
Section - B
26) Reservations ( ) A) dowry
27) Protection of Fundamental Rights ( ) B) Reasonless arrest.
28) Electorate ( ) C) Narcotic drug
29) Habeas Corpus ( ) D) Social Justice.
30) Charas ( ) E) Right against constitutional Remedies F) Secularism
G) Body of Voters H) Rule of law