Here is the Physics Model Paper for Senior Intermediate (Paper 2) for the students of Andhra Pradesh. Maximum marks for the exam is 60 and duration of the exam is 3 hours. There are three sections in the question paper. Following is the model question paper: This is the English version of the question paper.
SECTION - A (10 × 2 = 20 M)
Note: i) Answer all Questions.
ii) Each question carries two marks.
iii) All are very short answer type questions.
1. Define absolute refractive index? What is the relation between the relative refractive index between two media and the absolute refractive index of the media?
2. Mention any two uses of Optical Fibres?
3. On what factors does the period of oscillation of a bar magnet in a uniform magnetic field depend?
4. Can there be electric potential at a point with zero electric intensity? Give an example?
5. Explain Ohm's Law.
6. How many electrons flow through a wire when 1A current passes for 1 milli second?
7. State Moseley's Law? What is its importance?
8. Write the truth table of NAND gate. How does it differ from AND gate?
9. In a transistor circuit the base current changes from 50 μA to 150 μA. The corresponding change in the collector current is from 0.2 mA to 4.2 mA. Find the current gain.
10. Mention the basic methods of modulation.
SECTION - B (6 × 4 = 24 M)
Note: i) Answer any six of the following questions.
ii) Each question carries four marks.
iii) All are short answer type questions.
11. Explain double refraction (birefringence) of light.
12. Derive an expression for the magnetic induction at a point on the axial line of a bar magnet.
13. Derive an equation for the energy stored in a capacitor. If a dielectric is introduced between the plates how will energy change?
14. State and explain Kirchhoff's Laws.
15. What are Peltier and Thomson effects? Define their coefficients.
16. A galvanometer has a resistance of 100 Ω. A current of 10-3 A pass through the galvanometer. How can it be converted into a) Ammeter of range 10 A and b) Voltmeter of range 10 V?
17. Describe the origin of X - ray spectra?
18. Distinguish between half wave and full wave rectifiers.
SECTION - C (2 × 8 = 16 M)
Note: i) Answer any two of the following questions.
ii) Each question carries eight marks.
iii) All are long answer type questions.
19. What is Doppler effect? Find an expression for the apparent frequency heard when the source is in motion and the listener is at rest. What is the limitation of Doppler effect? A fire engine with its bell ringing with a frequency of 200 Hz is moving with a velocity of 54 kmph towards an observer at rest near a hut on fire. What
is the apparent frequency of sound heard by the observer? (Velocity of Sound in air = 300 ms-1)
20. State Faraday's laws of electromagnetic induction. Lenz's law. Explain self and mutual induction. Derive the equation for the induced emf in self and mutual inductions.
21. Explain the source of Stellar energy. Explain the carbon-nitrogen cycle and protan-protan cycle occurring in stars.