Intermediate students require good practice of model papers before they get ready for IPE 2013. Here is Botany Model Question Paper 2 for Senior Intermediate students. Students can practice these papers for the practice and assess themselves. Maximum marks for the paper 2 is 60 and duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Sr. Intermediate Botany Model Paper - Botany Paper − II (English Version)
TIME: 3 HOURS Max. MARKS: 60
SECTION − A
I. Answer all the questions in sequence 10 × 2 = 20
1. Define homothallism. In which species of Rhizopus it is seen?
2. Name the organism from which streptomycin is obtained. Who first time isolated it?
3. Define botulism. Name the bacterium responsible for botulism.
4. Define virulent phage. Give an example.
5. Cell A and B are in direct contact. Cell Ahas osmotic potential of − 0.6 Mpa and pressure potential of 0.4 Mpa. Cell B has osmotic potential of − 0.9 Mpa and pressure potential of 0.6 Mpa. Which way water moves?
6. What are non-competitive enzyme inhibitors? Give one example.
7. Which substance is termed as "energy currency of a cell"? How many kilo calories are produced on its hydrolysis?
8. Name any two artificially restructured/ modified plasmids.
9. What is bagging? Mention the role of bagging in hybridization.
10. Give the scientific names of Torula yeast and Baker's yeast.
SECTION − B
II. Answer any six of the following questions. 6 × 4 = 24
11. Describe the cell structure of Spirogyra.
12. Differentiate between protonema and gametophore of Funaria.
13. How are bacteria classified on the basis of number and distribution of flagella?
14. Write about the importance of eco-friendly type of fertilizers.
15. Describe briefly the mechanism of stomatal opening and closing.
16. Write the physiological effects of cytokinins.
17. Tabulate any eight differences between C3 and C4 pathways/ plants.
18. Draw a well labelled diagram of L.S. of gill of Agaricus.
SECTION − C
III. Answer any two questions. 2 × 8 = 16
19. Describe the internal structure of rhizome of Pteris.
20. Describe the nitrogen cycle in detail giving examples.
21. Explain briefly the steps involved in tissue culture.