To secure cent percent marks in Inter First Year Physics, choosing of right questions and the learning process is important. To succeed in this mission one has to follow the following formulae.
SQ 6R FORMULAE
S = Select Q = Questions
R = Read
R = Re Read
R = Recite
R = Re think
R = Remembrance
R = Reproduce
1. According to above formulae, we have to choose Essay type questions (8 Marks) from Dynamics and Simple Harmonic Motion. For example, observe how can we verify the law of Conservation of energy in the case of vertically projected body, freely falling body and also learn the difference between them. To derive any equation or to verify any law in physics TRUMP CARD is usage of FIGURE. So, in above two cases observe figures and with the help of figures practice verifying the law of Conservation of energy. Similarly ascertain how can we produce equation for time period of simple pendulum, loaded spring and practice by knowing the differences, similarities between them.
2. Short answer questions (4 Marks) will be carried from Vectors, Kinematics, Centre of Mass, Friction, Rotatory Motion, Gravitation, Thermodynamics And Transmission of Heat.
3. Learn and practice by knowing the differences, similarities in deriving the formulas for Potential energy, Kinetic energy, work-energy theorem, elastic energy and surface energy.
4. Learn and practice by knowing the differences, similarities in showing the path of the oblique projectile and horizontal projectile is parabola.
5. Learn and practice by knowing the differences in deriving equations for escape velocity and orbital velocity also in the case of verifying perpendicular axis theorem and parallel axis theorem.
6. Learn and Remember parallelogram law, Triangle law, The law of Conservation of linear momentum, the law of Conservation of angular momentum, the law of Conservation of energy, Newton Universal Law of Gravitation, Hook's law, Kirchoff's law, Stephen's law and Newton law of Cooling.
7. Very short answer questions (2 Marks) will be carried from Units & Dimensions, Vectors, Kinematics, Collisions, Friction, Elasticity, Surface Tension and Heat Chapters.
8. If you want to write definitions, Units and dimensional formulas of different physical quantities or solve problems most important tool is applying formula. So if formula is remembered four advantages are there.
9. Practice solved problems from the following topics:
- Power of the engine, power of the gun, power of the locomotive from Dynamics.
- Strain energy from Elasticity.
- Conversion of temperature, Boyles law, Charles law, efficiency of heat engine, Newton law of cooling from Heat.