I. Answer ALLquestions 10 × 2 = 20
1. Who first discovered the cell? Which book was written by him?
2. What is polygamous condition? Give two examples.
3. To which family do pulses belong? Give two examples with cientific
4. How do you identify heterochromatin and euchromatin?
5. The sequence of Nitrogen bases in one strand of DNA is G C T A T G C C A T G C. What is the sequence present on the opposite strand? What is the relationship known as?
6. Explain why heartwood cannot conduct water and mineral salts.
7. What is pericycle? What is its function in roots?
8. Name two free floating hydrophytes having balancing roots.
9. What phenotypic and genotypic ratios are expected in F2 generation
when monohybrid and dihybrid crosses are made.
10. Differentiate between spontaneous and induced mutations.
II. Answer any SIX questions 6 × 4 = 24
11. What are insectivorous plants? Describe the mechanism of insect trapping in Nepenthes.
12. Write short notes on false whorl like inflorescence.
13. Define seed germination. Mention and define different types of seed germination with examples.
14. Write a note on ICBN.
15. Describe the structure and function of 'power houses of cell'.
16. Bring out the differences between mitosis and meiosis.
17. Give in detail the anatomical adaptations shown by xerophytes.
18. Which characters of pea plans were considered by Mendel for
III. Answer any Two questions. 2 × 8 = 16
19. What are multipurpose stem modifications? Describe with suitable examples.
20. Describe the structure of an embryosac that is ready for Fertilization with the help of a neat labelled diagram.
21. Describe the transverse section of a dicot stem.