Amritha Viswa Vidyapeetham, Amritanagar, Coimbatore has announced ANOKHA 2012 - 3rd national level students technical festival to be held on 16th, 17th and 18th February 2012. There will be various technical events, expos and lecture series on the occasion. About 50 technical events in all disciplines of engineering such as robotics, aerospace, mechanical and so on will be organized. Prize money in excess of Rs. 1.5 million to be won by the candidates. It is estimated that more than 7000 engineering graduates from India and abroad will be participating in the festival. Following are salient features of the Anokha -2012:
1) TORQ - This is an auto expo showcasing Super Bikes, Vintage Cars, Formula One, Hybrid, Electric and other premium vehicles.
2) Industrial Exhibition by National Aerospace Laboratories.
3) PD3- Product Design, Development and Demonstration
4) EvenTide Entertainment by Ragasudha and Natyasudha student clubs, bike stunt shows etc.
5) Amala haratam Campaign (Clean India) and initiative of Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
Apart from these, there will be conferences on Technology Entertainment Design (TED)x supported by corporate companies like CII, TATA BP, ITC, Suzlon, Wipro, Saint Gobain and Cognizant.
Technical Events: Autobots (Robotic Events), Techno Pursuit, Coding Combat, Design and Develop, Tech Hunt, Informals (mixed events) and Innovate. There will be workshops on Cyber Forensics, Android, Design and Analysis of Aircraft Structures, Image Processing and Robotics, Green Buildings, Google Applications, Electric Machine Design and Photography. For more details, contact at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritanagar, Coimbatore - 641 112. Phone: +91 (422) 2685000. Website: http://www.amrita.edu/