Medicine has been a dream profession for many students and their parents. You have number of choices in terms of choosing entrance tests and institute in order to become a Doctor through studying MBBS or BDS. There are so many national level universities and colleges offering MBBS through All India level entrance examinations. Most of institutes also follow similar selection procedures. Eligibility for all the medical institutes is pass in 10+2 / Intermediate/ HSE with prescribed percentage of marks.
Most of the medical institutes announced notification and admission schedules for 2011-12. Following are some of the best national level institutes for Medicine / MBBS in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
3. JIPMER, Pondicherry
4. Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS) , Wardha
5. Banarus Hindu University, Varanasi
6. Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
7. Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka
8. Sri Ramachandra Medical College (SRMC), Tamil Nadu
9. COMEDK, Karnataka (For admission in unaided private medical colleges in Karnataka)
10. EAMCET, Andhra Pradesh (For MBBS in Govt. and private medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh).
11. DUMET: For MBBS in Delhi University
12. UPMET: For MBBS in Uttar Pradesh Medical Colleges
Following is the admission schedule for MBBS in various institutes: