CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has announced the dates of AIPMT 2012 (All India Pre - Medical and Pre - Dental Test) for the academic year 2012-13. The CBSE has decided to conduct AIPMT Preliminary Examination on 1st April 2012 and Main Examination on 13th May 2012. Admission to 15 percent of seats in MBBS and BDS courses in MCI recognized medical colleges across the country except in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir will be filled through AIPMT 2012 ranks. Candidates will be admitted into first year professional courses in medicine and dentistry through AIPMT scores. Following are details of eligibility, application procedure, results, and counseling procedure:
Candidates who have completed 12 year of school education in the discipline of science from any recognized school board are eligible to write AIPMT 2012 examination. Applicants age should be 17 years as on prescribed date. ATPMT is a two tier examination consists of AIPMT 2012 Preliminary Exam and AIPMT 2012 Final Exam (Main Examination). Preliminary Examination is a screening test which examines the candidates knowledge in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. Those qualified in preliminary exam will be called for Final Examination.
AIPMT 2012 Examination Dates:
1) AIPMT 2012 Preliminary Examination: 1st April 2012
2) AIPMT 2012 Main Examination: 13th April 2012
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can apply for AIPMT 2012 through Online or Offline. Online application facility will be open through Board's website www.aipmt.nic.in. Detailed Instructions for filling online application, payment of fee and sending computer generated printouts are also available on the website at www.aipmt.nic.in . Application fee is Rs. 700/- for General and OBC Category and Rs. 350/- for SC and ST Category Candidates. You can pay the fee through Credit Card ot in the form of DD favouring 'Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi' . Offline applications are available at designated Canara bank branches.
Useful Books for AIPMT:
1) Oswaal Chapter-Wise Solutions of A.I.P.M.P.D.E.E. (CBSE, Delhi) Preliminary Examination (1993-2007): 15 Years Solved Papers (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
2) Disha 22 Years CBSE-PMT Topic Wise Solved Papers 1988-2009 Chemistry.
3) Universal Self Scorer Error-less Physics Vol. I and II 100 percent Solved Objective Practice Book for IIT JEE/ AIEEE/ AIPMT and Various Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations.
4) Universal Self Scorer Error less Chemistry Vol. I and II 100 percent Solved Objective Practice Book for IIT JEE/ AIEEE/ AIPMT and Various Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations.
5) Trueman's Objective Biology for Medical Entrance Examination
AIPMT 2012 Preliminary Examination Pattern: The exam consists of one objective type question paper with questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Total Number of questions will be 200. Duration of the examination is 3 hours. AIPMT 2012 Final Exam will consist of 120 questions with 40 questions each from Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Duration is 3 hours.
AIPMT Syllabus 2012 and Results: Questions in AIPMT will be based on the syllabus matching with Class XI and Class XII of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. Candidates can attempt AIPMT for a maximum of three times. Candidates should have passed in Intermediate / 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and must have secured minimum 50 percent marks in aggregate. The results and counseling schedule of AIPMT will be announced on the website http://mohfw.nic.in or cbse.nic.in or aipmt.nic.in or results.nic.in .