SSC Social Studies Paper 1 - Model Paper
MARCH 2013 (English Version) - PARTS A and B
TIME: 2.30 HOURS MAX. MARKS: 50
PART - A (TIME: 2 HOURS MARKS: 35) - SECTION - I
Answer any five of the following choosing at least two from
each group 5 x 2 = 10
1) Write about Red Shirts
2) What are the forms and methods of Imperialism?
3) What was the immediate cause of First world war?
4) Write a note on Marshal plan
GROUP - B
5) What steps are to be taken to eradicate communalism?
6) Write the role of political parties in promoting national integration
7) What are the mal practices in elections?
8) Write about panchasheel
SECTION - II
Answer any four of the following 4 x 1 = 16
9) What do you mean by Balkan issue?
10) What is 'Carbonary'?
11) Explain 'Whiteman's Burden'
12) Expand the term SAARC
13) What is meant by 'Veto power'?
14) What are must to the riders of scooters and motor cycles?
SECTION - III
Answer any four of the following selecting at least two from
each group GROUP - A 4 x 4 = 16
15) Give an account of Non-Co-Operation Movement Led by Gandhiji.
16) How was Italian Unification achieved under the leadership of
17) Write about characteristic features of Indian History?
18) What were the reasons for the out break of second world war?
GROUP - B
19) Write a note on the general elections in India.
20) What are the steps to be taken to realise the objective of Universal primary Education
21) What are the problems of environmental pollution and ecological decay?
22) How do you explain that India is a multi cultural society?
SECTION - IV (1 x 5 = 5)
23) Mark the following on the outline map of the world
Set A: 1) Austria 2) India 3) Nigeria
4) New york 5) R.Nile
Set B: 1) Corsica 2) Red sea 3) Crete
4) Newzealand 5) U.S.A.
PART - B
TIME: 30 MINUTES MARKS: 15
I. Choose the correct answer 10 x 1/2 = 5
1) Battle of Waterloo was held in the year [ ]
A) 1800 AD B) 1815 AD
C) 1900 AD D) 1915 AD
2) He was called himself as Sovereign of Congo [ ]
A) Leopold II B) Camaron
C) Livingston D) Louis Blonc
3) The architect of League of Nations [ ]
A) Lenin B) Hitler
C) Roosevelt D) Woodrow wilson
4) Present name of North Rhodesia is [ ]
A) Zambia B) Zimbabwe
C) Congo D) Zaire
5) 'Warsaw pact' was organised by [ ]
A) Russia B) America
C) Germany D) Italy
6) Bangladesh was formed in the year [ ]
A) 1951 B) 1961
C) 1971 D) 1981
7) The International Court of Justice is at [ ]
A) Newyork B) San Francisco
C) Moscow D) Hague
8) The first state created on linguistic basis [ ]
A) Kerala B) Andhra pradesh
C) Goa D) Karnataka
9) The Officer in change of polling booth [ ]
A) Collector B) Returning Officer
C) Presiding Officer D) Executive Officer
10) ----- Separates state from religious matters [ ]
A) Secularism B) Socialism
C) Social Justice D) Rule of Law
II. Fill in the blanks 10 x 1/2 = 5
11) The 1848 Revolt in France occurred during the reign of ----
12) The words 'Imperialism is the highest stage of capitalism'
were told by -------
13) The Russian rulers were called as -------
14) Mussolini organised the journal -------
15) ------ was the commander of Allied powers during the second
16) -------- was the chairman of constitutional Drafting committee
17) The system of government in modern democracies is ------
18) Indian National Congress was established in ------- (year)
19) The full form of C.T.B.T. -----------
20) Traffic management largely depends upon --------
III. Match the following 10 x 1/2 = 5
GROUP - A GROUP - B
21) General Dyer [ ] A) Vandemataram Movement
22) Annie Besant [ ] B) Astronomer and
23) Sisir Kumar Ghosh [ ] C) Stone Chariots
24) Aryabhatta [ ] D) Amrita Bazar
25) Pallava Narasimha Varma [ ] E) Do or Die
F) Iron man of India
G) Jallian walla bagh
H) Home Rule Movement
GROUP - A GROUP - B
26) Indo-pak war [ ] A) Article 21
27) Formation of [ ] B) Article 17
28) Right to Live [ ] C) 1933
29) Minorities [ ] D) 1948
30) Children's Act [ ] E) Article 24
H) Article 29