SSC / 10th Class Social Studies Model Paper
Paper - II (English Version)
Parts A and B - Time: 2.30 Hours Max. Marks: 50
PART - A (TIME: 2.00 HOURS MARKS: 35)
SECTION - I
Answer any Five of the following choosing at least two from each group. 5 × 2 = 10
GROUP - A
1) Why is Srinagar called "Heaven (Paradise) on the earth"
2) Differentiate Major, Medium and Minor irrigation schemes
3) What are the extreme places of Indian land frontiers?
4) What are the important soil conservation methods?
GROUP - B
5) When were the annual plans implemented? What were the
reasons to implement annual plans?
6) List out the poverty eradication programmes
7) Classify the industries on the basis of output
8) What are called 'Intermediate Goods Industries'? Give examples.
SECTION - II
Answer any four of the following questions. 4 × 1 = 4
9) Why are sugar industries concentrated in the sugarcane growing areas only?
10) Name the important coal bases in India
11) Name the important countries who import Indian goods
12) What is meant by 'Per capita Income'?
13) What are the two important problems faced by Indian economy?
14) What is the primary objective of planning in India?
SECTION - III
Answer any four of the following choosing at least two from each group 4 × 4 = 16
GROUP - A
15) "The transport and communications are the lifelines of a country" why?
16) Explain the structures of East and West coastal plains.
17) What are the problems faced by Indian agriculture?
18) Examine the need for forest development in India?
GROUP - B
19) Distinguish between developed and less developed Countries of the world.
20) What are the factors causing inequalities in income and wealth?
21) Explain the significance of service sector in Indian economy.
22) Describe various economic systems.
SECTION - IV 1 × 5 = 5
23) Mark the following on the outline map of India
Set A 1) Dehradun 2) Pulicat lake 3) Sikkim
4) Head Quarters of Eastern Railway 5) NH 9
Set B 1) Jamshedpur 2) Chotanagapur Plateau 3) Varanasi
4) Cochin port 5) Railway line from Delhi to Chennai
PART - B (TIME: 30 MINUTES MARKS: 15)
I. Choose the correct answer. 10 × 1/2 = 5
1) These soils are formed by weathering of crystalline and metamorphic
rocks- [ ]
A) Alluvial soils B) Laterite soils
C) Mountain soils D) Red soils
2) The average population density of India (2001) is- [ ]
A) 273 B) 275 C) 324 D) 342
3) Hiracud project is in ----- State. [ ]
A) Orissa B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Himachal Pradesh D) Karnataka
4) The average size of land holding in India is- [ ]
A) 0.7 Hectares B) 1.7 Hectares
C) 2.7 Hectares D) 3.7 Hectares
5) The place of India among the countries of manganese producers-
A) First B) Second C) Third D) Fourth
6) Income earned through work and labour is called [ ]
A) National income B) Per Capita income
C) Unearned income D) Earned income
7) Command Area Development projects are introduced in -----[ ]
A) Irrigation B) Housing
C) Health D) Commerce
8) Maximum investment in the unit of small scale industry- [ ]
A) Rs. 5 lakhs B) Rs. 1.5 crores
C) Rs. 20 lakhs D) Rs. 35 lakhs
9) 'Heavy Industry Development' was the strategy of- [ ]
A) Second five year plan B) Third five year plan
C) Fourth five year plan D) Fifth five year plan
10) This was the objective of Fifth Five year plan- [ ]
A) Poverty eradication B) Self reliance
C) Agricultural Development D) A and B
II. Fill in the blanks. 10 × 1/2 = 5
11) Sandal wood trees are well grown in ------ state.
12) Ooty is in ------ hills.
13) Durgapur Steel Plant was built with the assistance of ------
14) ------ country has a largest network of post offices in the
15) Full form of OPEC is ------.
16) Control of the population was one of the main objectives of
------ Five year plan.
17) Reserve Bank of India was established in ------.
18) There are ------ sectors in Occupational structure.
19) In ------ unemployment the marginal productivity is zero or
20) In ------ economic system, the supply and demand forces
determine the price levels.
III. Match the following. 10 × 1/2 = 5
SET - A
GROUP - A GROUP - B
21) N.H.7 [ ] B) Cochin
22) Malabar Coast [ ] B) Himalayas
23) Secure Flood [ ] C) Delhi
24) Continental [ ] D) Kolkata to Kanyakumari
25) Mismi hills [ ] E) Brahmaputra valley
H) Arunachal Pradesh
SET - B
26) Human Development Index [ ] A) Manmohan Singh
27) Plunder of wealth [ ] B) D.Subba Rao
28) Governor of R.B.I. [ ] C) Lord cornwallis
29) Chairman of planning [ ] D) Dadabhai
30) Zamindari system [ ] E) Amartya sen
G) Lord Mount Batten