Following are model questions for AP Board SSC Half Yearly Public Examinations. These questions are for practice only. This may not resemble the structure of original questions paper.
S.S.C. Half Yearly Examinations
Mathematics Paper – II (Model Questions)
1. Find the equation of the line passing through (4, -3) and is perpendicular to the line 2x – 5y + 4 = 0
2. In what ratio does P(4, 6) divide the join of A (-2, 3) and B(6, 7).
3. The mean of 10 observations is 16.3. By an error, one observation is registered as 32 instead of 23. Find the correct mean.
4. Draw the structure of a computer.
5. Define Thales theorem.
6. Find the Y-intercept of a line 2x – 3y = 12.
7. Define Algorithm.
8. If AM = x, Median = y, then find the mode.
9. State and prove Pythagorean theorem.
10. Find the equation of the line that cuts off intercepts a & b on the X and Y-axes such that a + b = 3, ab = 2.
11. Find the equation of the line which passes through the point (1, -6) and whose product of the intercepts on the coordinate axes is one.
12. Solve the following simultaneous equations using matrix inversion method. 3x + 8y = 7, 6x – y = 31
13. A flagstaff stands on the top of a building. At a distance of 40 mts away from the foot of the building, the angle of elevation of the top of the flagstaff is 60° and the angle of elevation of the top of the building is 30°. Find the height of the flagstaff.
14. If two circles touch internally, then the number of their common tangents is ( )
A) 2 B) 1 C) 4 D) none.
15. Equation passing through the points (4, -7), (1, -5) is ( )
A) 2x – 3y + 13 = 0 B) 3x – 2y + 13 = 0 C) 2x + 3y – 13 = 0 D) 2x + 3y + 13 = 0
16. Which of the following pair is perpendicular ( )
A) y = 3x, x = 3y B) y = 3x, x = -3y C) y = 4, y = 6 D) none
17. Average of a – 2d, a – d, a + d, a + 2d is ( )
A) a B) d C) 3d D) 4a
18. The following generation used Transistors in computers ( )
A) First B) Second C) Third D) Fourth
18. Angles in the same segment of a circle are —-
19. Two circles are of radii 3 cm & 1 cm. The distance between their centres is 5 cm. The length of their transverse common tangent is ——
20. The line 3x + 4y = 0 cuts the Y-axis at —–
21. If P(6, -1), Q(1, 3), R(x, 8). If PQ = QR then x = —
22. If average of 10 observations is 7, average of 15 observations is 12, then the average of total observations is —–
23. All parts of a computer are controlled by —–