There are hundreds of pharmacy colleges in Andhra Pradesh which are mainly offering B. Pharmacy courses. Admission to all the colleges will be conducted through EAMCET, a common test for all institutes. Both MPC and BiPC streams students can join in Pharmacy courses. Seats will be equally distributed for both groups. Some colleges also offer Pharm.D. Course which is a new one and candidates need to be cautious in joining this course.
The full form of Pharma D. is Doctor of Pharmacy. But the candidate after completion of the degree can not be called as Doctor unless he obtains Medical degree of Ph.D. This is an important point one must keep it in mind. The difference between B. Pharma and Pharma D is clinical evaluation i.e., Pharma D. students has to undergo hospital training like patient evaluation, suggestion of drugs based on the patient’s long book, etc., Since many private colleges are offering Pharma D. in Andhra Pradesh. How many colleges are having access to hospitals to give such kind of training is a major concern. This is the backbone of the course without which there is no point in going for Pharma D.
There is a big debate on the term 'D' Whether the successful Pharma D. candidate will be called as a Doctor or not. Most of the private colleges are misleading the students that they will become doctor after Pharma. D. It is up to the student to join or not in Pharma D.
B. Pharmacy is a traditional subject one can go to M. Pharma followed by Ph.D. in any reputed institutes. Since Pharma D. is a new subject its opportunities will be known after completion of 1 or 2 batches. Our suggestion is to go for B. Pharmacy .
Following are some of the best Pharmacy colleges. Candidates are requested to do their own research and enquiry before taking decision on joining in any college. More specifically, you must check approvals from AICTE and PCI.
1. Bharat Institute of Technology, Mangalpalli Village, Ibrahim Patnam, Ranga Reddy District.
2. Bapatla College of Pharmacy , Bapatla , Guntur district.
3. Department of Pharmacy, College Of Engineering, Andhra University, Vishakapatnam.
4. Gokaraju Rangaraju College Of Pharmacy, Bachupalli, Miyapur, Ranga Reddy District.
5. Hindu College of Pharmacy, Amravati Road, Guntur.
6. Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam,
7. Shri Vishnu College of Pharmacy, Vishnupur, Bhimavaram, West Godavari District.
8. Sree Vidyanikethan College Of Pharmacy, Rangampet, Near Tirupathi, Chandragiri Mandal, Chittoor District.
9. University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
10. G. Pulla Reddy College of Pharmacy, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad.